Legacy Production Group is seeking a tech-savvy Testing and Repair Technician to join our team. Legacy is in Minneapolis, MN and we are a full-service audio, lighting, and video production company supporting our clients through concerts, corporate conferences, installations, repairs, and special events. Legacy defines our culture through teamwork, accountability, reliability, and excellence.
Full-time employment - Salary pay based on experience
Located onsite in Minneapolis, MN (55430) – reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Job duties include but are not limited to:
- Perform maintenance, quality control testing, and repairs on gear including but not limited to moving and non-moving lights, special fx, audio, and video equipment
- Maintain strong inventory by tracking equipment repairs, parts needed, and parts used
- Forecasting and conducting routine maintenance needs for Legacy’s inventory
- Maintain organized electronic documentation of gear tested, repaired, and out of order etc.
- Assist with client repair recall and re-installation
- Deliver equipment to and from clients assisting with loading and unloading while ensuring equipment is secure for transport
- Preserve equipment organization for storage when not in use
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment for all
- Are able to stand, move, or sit for long periods of time
- Are able to lift up to 35lbs on a regular basis
- Assist with loading and unloading trucks
You must have:
- A minimum of 2 years of experience repairing moving light gear
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as a team
- Current knowledge of industry standards and technology
- Cable repair experience
- Soldering experience
- Flexibility in work schedule; some nights and weekends may be required. General shop hours are 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
- Possess and will maintain Medical Examiner’s Certificate (aka DOT medical card) or are willing to get one within the first 30 days of employment to operate company vehicles
You may also have:
- Forklift experience
- Experience with Flex Management Software
- Experience safely driving up to a 26ft box truck or similar in densely populated areas following all legal requirements, CDL is not required
Legacy Production Group is an equal-opportunity employer. Legacy’s benefits include paid time off, 401k, and healthcare. This position will be supervised by the General Manager.
Send your resume and cover letter today!